Adult Day Center
The King Lunalilo Trust Adult Day Center offers a nurturing, safe, and secure environment for seniors who need support in health, nutrition, social connection and activities of daily living.
Our team is specially trained to support age-related needs, giving family caregivers peace of mind in knowing their loved-ones are spending the day in a safe, fun and socially engaging environment while receiving expert care.
Our Philosophy & Objectives
- To promote the physical, mental and emotional well-being of participating kūpuna in a safe and secure environment full of joy, Hawaiian culture, ʻohana (family) and aloha (love, compassion).
- To enable participating kūpuna to develop relationships outside of family in a socially stimulating setting; to reintroduce participants or allow them time to adjust to group interaction; and to reduce or prevent physical and emotional withdrawal or isolation that can result when elders live alone or are left alone for long periods of time.
- To provide family caregiver(s) with time and opportunity to care for their own needs or pursue their own interests by providing care and supervision outside of the caregiver's own home.
- To offer high quality, professional care services in a secure and comfortable environment to caregiving families and Adult Day Center participating kūpuna.
Fun Activities and Expert Care
We develop personalized care plans, meals, snacks, activities and excursions to meet each individual's needs. Activities and excursions may include: therapeutic activities, socialization, daily exercise, local entertainment, arts and crafts, monthly outings, pet therapy, and/or kani ka pila (music playing).
Day care services are offered Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. except on observed holidays.
How to Apply
We welcome new applicants for our Adult Day Center year-round.
How Do I Apply?
1. Call and request an application from the Director of the Adult Day Center.
All admission paperwork will be discussed prior to a scheduled appointment.
- Call (808) 395-1000 ext. 229
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. An appointment will be scheduled for an interview and further evaluation with the prospective client and his/her family members/caregivers.
All prospective clients are assessed prior to admission.
After admission, if subsequent determination is made by the Adult Day Center staff that a client is no longer deemed appropriate for the program, the client will be dis-enrolled.
We also offer enhanced services for seniors with greater care needs, including: extra supervision, transfer assistance, incontinence care, a third meal of the day, showering, and dispensing of prescribed medication.
Contact our Adult Day Center Director for more information.
Call (808) 395-1000 ext. 229 or email us at email@example.com
King Lunalilo Trust's Adult Day Center is a program licensed through the Hawaiʻi State Department of Human Services, and participates as a QUEST Integrated provider for certain health plans.
If you have any questions, we may already have answers on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Our Adult Day Center Director is also here to guide applicants through the admissions process and can be reached at:
Phone: (808) 395-1000 ext. 229
Fax: (808) 395-8487